Achievement of the sub-project
We strongly believe that the achievement of the sub-project HEQEP CP 3156 is highly satisfactory. Around 600 students and teachers of the Department of Law, CU has been immensely benefited from the activities of this sub-project.
Summary of the achievements of the sub-project activities are as follows:
1. Updating syllabus and curriculum: We have updated the existing syllabus and curriculum of the Law Faculty by appointing a Consultant and arranging two-day long workshop.
2. Modernizing of Teaching-Learning material and facilities: For modernizing teaching facilities, we have supplied Desktop Computers, Printers, and Scanner to the teachers. We have also installed sound system in the class room and multi-media projector for auditorium.
3. Enriching the Library: Under this Sub-project, we have procured of books of value of BDT ten lacs on three hundred different tittles, which made the Chittagong University Law Faculty Library rich. Teachers and Students of this Faculty are benefited by these books.
4. Developing Computer Lab: With the financial support of this project, we have developed a computer lab for Law Faculty students and provided twenty computers for the students.
5. (a) Enhancing capacity of teaching staffs:
(i) We have organized two-days long training on Research Methodology for the young teachers of the faculty of Law and Social Science.
(ii) A Faculty member - Mr. Jashim Ali Chowdhury, Assistant Professor, Department of Law, CU attended the Conference on “Public International Law Summer Program-2015” held in July 2015 in China and another Faculty member - Hasan Mohammad Roman and three students participated in 14 the Surana & Surana International Technology Law moot Court Competition-2015 held in India with the financial assistance from this project
(iii) We have provided financial support to five students for attending 10th Economic Social Development Right (ESDR) Program on “Right-based approach to International Co-operation in Post-Disaster Reconstruction, Organized by Kathmandu School of Law in Nepal”
(iv) We have facilitated the participation of our students in the Krishna Memorial IPR Moot Court Competition 2015 organized by the Symbiosis Law School, Pune, India
(v) We also facilitated the participation of a team from the Chittagong University Law Department in the First International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition 2016, organized by Symbiosis, Pune, India.
(vi) We also facilitated the participation of a team from Chittagong University in the 3rd International Human Right Moot Court Competition 2016 organized by the Bharatya Bidyapeeth Deemed University, New Law College, Pune, India.
6. Installing CCTV Camera: We have installed 12(twelve) CCTV camera in the different places i,e: Computer lab, Library and surrounding areas of the Law Faculty for maintaining security of the building.
7. Modern Moot Court Room: We have constructed a Moot Court Room with modern furniture and facilities.
8. Photocopier Machine, Freeze and LED TV for Dean Office: We have procured a freeze and a LED TV for Dean Office. In the admission test period these are very useful to us.
9. Clinical legal Education:
(a) During the last two years, we have conducted two three months long training programs on “Moot Court” for fourth year LL.B. (Hons.) students of the Faculty of Law, CU. In the training program, around 250 students participated. Resource persons included lawyers and judges from Chittagong judge court and Dhaka Judge court.
10. Conference/Seminar/workshop: We have organized many training programs/workshops/seminars in different topics including:
- “Problem Solving Skill" (6-7 December 2014)
- “Problem Solving Skill" (16 January 2016)
- Seminar on “Cases on Muslim Law of India, Pakistan & Bangladesh” (7th December 2015)
- Seminar on "Law reforms in Bangladesh: Role of Law Commission” (4th-9th October 2015 )
- Workshop on "Forensics and Scientific Evidence: Utility and Admissibility” (12 Auguest 2015)
- Training on “Research Methodology : An interdisciplinary approach ” (13-14 May 2015)
- Training on “Teaching and Research Methodology”, (15-16 May 2016)
- Teaching Law: “Problem & Opportunities” for law teachers. (15 July 2015)
- Seminar on “European Laws and Institutional Lessons for SAARC” (12 February 2015)
- Seminar on “Modernist Interpretation of South-Asian Muslim law” (13 June 2015)
- “Art & Practice of a Mooting” ( 21 November 2015)
- “Administration and Practices of Land Law in Bangladesh” (5-6 December 2015,)
- “Inter year Law Department student debate competition”,
- Workshop on “Understanding the Investigating Agencies within the context of Criminal Justice”, (19 December 2015)
- “Laws & Administration of Taxation in Bangladesh” (29 January & 5-6 Fabrury 2016)
- “Administration and Practices of Land Law in Bangladesh” (5-6 December 2015)
- “Marine Pollution in the Bay of Bengal: In Search of an Effective Response” (30 March 2016)
- “Freshers’ Training on Mooting and Trial Advocacy” (31 March 2016)
10. Publication: We have already published the Law Vision-2015. Publication of a manual on Cases and Materials on Clinical Legal Education is under process.
11. Academic Collaboration: We have already made academic collaboration with Arizona University, USA and Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, New Law College, Pune, India. We are also making arrangements for academic collaboration with the Washington College of Law, Washington University and Kedasung University of Malaysia. A team headed by Dean Dr Abdullah Al Faruque joined the Global Legal Education and Intellectual Property Rights Conference organised by the Delhi University Law School. The delegation had a furitful disscussion on future acaddemic collaborations between Delhi Unviersity Law School and Chittagong University Law Faculty.
12. Developed Law Faculty website: We have upgraded existing Website of Law Faculty, CU by appointing a consultant.
13. Digital Camera: We have purchased a digital camera for keeping official documentation.